Sep 30, 2021
On today's episode I chat again with my first guest ever, Jim Abrams. Jim is a frequent program assistant at IFS trainings so he is well known by many. Jim emailed me checking in and sharing lessons he is learning, and we wanted to share them with you!
1. When a problem becomes real.
2. Changing ones experience of the circumstances.
3. Holding and honoring parts who feel sad, grief, worry and joy simultaneously.
4. Sometimes we need someone else.
5. Polarities- Life is hard and life is joyful
6. It is scary to be hopeful.
7. Holding the parts who hold the pain.
Here is my favorite quote:
"We are not asking the part to be hopeful. We are asking the system to bring comfort and connection to that part so its experience of the circumstance changes."
You can email Jim at Jim.email@example.com
You can connect with me here: Home - The One Inside-by Tammy Sollenberger I LOVE hearing from you!