May 22, 2020
On today's episode, Jennifer Farley and I chat about how the body can help us connect to parts and Self. We also talk about Shamanism and its connection to IFS. I found this conversation fascinating and I cannot wait to have Jenn on again!
Here are a few of the highlights:
- Use of movement as a psychological treatment intervention.
- How you move and hold yourself reflects how you feel about yourself, how you relate to others, and how you experience the world.
- You can get to know parts of yourself by being curious about how that part exists in your body when it is blended. How do you carry yourself when that part is present?
- What is that part trying to communicate to your through your body?
- Using movement to connect to qualities of Self.
- How parts use different developmental Soothing Rhythms (rocking, biting, sucking, wringing, swaying).
- Shamanism: The Essence of IFS is shamanic in its nature: guiding us into our internal world, helping us to navigate the energetic world inside, and shifting our energy during the unburdening ritual.
Jen offers individual shamanic healing virtually and integrated psychotherapy services to those in CA. She also regularly offers workshops and retreats. You can find all about her (and read her body speaks blog!) at:
She offers workshops in collaboration with the Monterey Bay Meditation Studio. Check them out here:
Do not forget to subscribe to the podcast and write a review. Come say Hi on Instagram @Ifstammy and join our community at The One Inside Facebook group. I'd love to connect with you.